Start or Buying a Business – Start your business0 Comments
Discover the key steps to starting your own business – Here is a great Guide from BDC Canada
Are you looking to start your own business? There’s a lot you need to know about launching a company—from writing a convincing business plan to securing the right amount of financing. By making informed decisions you can turn your business ideas into a reality.
What challenges are you facing?
Read on to learn more about starting a business.
What does it take to be an entrepreneur?
As the bank for Canadian entrepreneurs, we know what it takes for you to become an entrepreneur in today’s competitive market.
- How this entrepreneur risked it all to build a thriving business
- How to become an entrepreneur: Do you have what it takes?
- How to start a business in Canada
- Turning your idea into a successful business
- Entrepreneur styles: Planners versus visionaries
- 9 common mistakes to avoid when starting a new business
- Inspiring by design: How passion fueled this entrepreneur’s vision
- How an entrepreneur built a business with a unique product
- From world champion to serial entrepreneur
What do I need to do before starting a business?
Rule No. 1: It’s not enough to simply have a good idea to start a business. Successful entrepreneurs must first look at the market and plan realistically to achieve their objectives.
- Step 1—What to do before starting a business
- 6 smart tips for managing a start-up
- Ingenium Communications: Downsizing creates accidental entrepreneur
- 7 tips for starting a business successfully
- 6 ways to balance business acumen with creativity
- Starting a small business: 7 steps to success
- How to determine your new company’s financial needs
- 3 tips for starting a business as an immigrant to Canada
How do I prepare a business plan?
Every ounce of work at the planning stage is worth pounds of success at the execution stage. For a new business, it all comes together in a business plan.
- Step 2—Prepare a winning business plan
- Starting a business? Understand these 6 areas of business management
- How to pitch your business plan
- Entrepreneur makes the trek to a global brand
- How to put customers first in your new business
- How to write a business plan
- How to avoid common mistakes when building your business plan
- 6 steps to making financial projections for your new business
How do I get my business up and running?
Getting a business off the ground can be a real challenge for even the most zealous start-ups, but the right mix of business acumen and creative thinking can help you secure a foothold in your market.
- Step 3—Get your new business off the ground
- Young entrepreneurs: 5 lessons you don’t want to learn the hard way
- Choose the right structure for your business
- What you need to consider before forming a joint venture
- When does a new business need a licence, permit or registration?
- The advantages of incorporating your business
- A people-centric approach: Law firm thrives with a compassionate practice and workplace
How do I finance my new business?
Access to start-up financing is essential for most new businesses, but for many entrepreneurs just starting out, their biggest challenge is getting adequate financing.
- How to get financing for your start-up
- 9 steps to finding angel investors for your business
- How to get a business loan to start your new company
- How research can help you get a “>start-up business loan
- 4 factors that could affect financing your start-up
- How to find the optimal financing mix for your business
- 7 sources of start-up financing
- How to pitch your business to venture capital investors
- Personal or business loan: Which one best suits your needs
- From our blog—Are Canadian corporations investing enough in venture capital?
What do I do after I start my business?
When entrepreneurs go into business, they are naturally focused on their first weeks and months, but they should always take the time to sit down and think about future growth.
- Step 5—Your new company’s first year
- How to use a cash flow planner to manage your working capital
- How to account for assets and expenses in your start-up
- How a cheese merchant built a thriving business by listening to customers
- Sweet success: Single mom recovering from accident creates award-winning bakery