Manage your business
There’s so much involved in running your business. Monitoring your financial performance and maintaining relationships with customers, employees and suppliers are just some of the aspects of business management. Start with small improvements to build momentum for bigger changes.
What challenges are you facing?
Check out the content under the headings below to discover how to keep your business running smoothly.
Improving my business management
There is no magic recipe to help you to better manage your business. However, there are best practices to follow and common pitfalls to avoid that will help you be a more effective manager.
- Productive pandemic: How this entrepreneur used her downtime to build for the future
- How restaurants are adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic
- “You quit you lose”: How this entrepreneur overcame adversity to come out on top
- Restructuring: 7 tips for restoring business profitability
- 7 ways to make your company more successful in 2018 (and beyond)
- Blood and steel: Two sisters successfully take over the family machining business
- Infographic— Future-proof your business by adapting to these six key trends
- How a Newfoundland entrepreneur grew her business from 50 to 750 employees in 15 years
- The art of recycling: Building a sustainable and responsible business
- Infographic— The 5 do’s and 5 don’ts of successful businesses
- How effective management is driving growth at JDS Energy and Mining
- Video— From humble beginnings to a 500-employee fish and seafood company
- How trust and openness help family firms thrive
- Video— 5 essential do’s and don’ts
- 5 essential do’s and don’ts of successful businesses
- 10 things you (probably) didn’t know about Canadian SMEs
- Business agility: 8 steps to improve reaction time
- 5 steps for more successful project management
- 2 valuable business planning tools: Management dashboard and benchmarking
- The 9 essential entrepreneur skills you need to succeed
- How to find the best freelancers for your business
- Working smarter: 3 strategies for improving business productivity
- 7 tips for setting goals for your business plan
- 5 lessons learned from a successful home improvement company
- 7 trade secrets from a successful wholesale company